2 large zucchini, washed with ends trimmed.
1 large carrot, washed with ends trimmed.
1/2 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
1/2 cup snow peas or sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
1/2 cup creamy almond butter (no added sugar)
2 Tbsp avocado oil (may substitute olive oil)
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 tsp grated fresh ginger (may substitute 1/4 tsp dried ginger)
Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional, add to taste)
3 Tbsp coconut aminos
1 Tbsp water
Juice of 1 lime
Lime wedges for serving
Spiral cutter or vegetable peeler
1. Cut zucchini and carrots into spirals or "noodles" using a spiral vegetable cutter or handheld vegetable peeler. Using a peeler will create ribbons rather than noodles. Place in a large bowl.
2. Add sliced red cabbage, snow peas, green onions, and cilantro. Toss lightly and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients.
4. Toss sauce with vegetables. The sauce will be thick once you add it to the vegetable mixture. Wait 5 minutes as the zucchini 'sweats' and re-mix creating a creamy consistency.
5. Garnish with additional cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
6. Leftovers store beautifully in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to two days. Make ahead and top with leftover protein for a quick on-the-go meal.